Eliademy would be better with ...

Grouping course content into topics or chapters

In our course of 12 weeks we have several phases that our course goes through. It would be nice if the topics of those phases could be grouped in some kind of chapter/section thingy.

It would be handy if those sections/chapters would be collapsible.

117 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JolienJolien shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

At this moment of time content in Eliademy is “linear”. Most of the teachers simply add numerals to topic names to add depth. For example:

Overview
    1.1 – Topic A
    1.2 – Topic B
    2.1 – Topic C

Despite all this, we have few ideas how to add additional layering that would be easy to create, manage and understand. Stay tuned and vote.

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • NikolayNikolay commented  · 

Any progress on multiple content leveling?

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

I agree that it would be good to organize the content page into folders or something along those lines. We have 8 modules with 12 weeks in each module and it's a lot to see it all laid out linear without being able to collapse or layer anything.

• SarahSarah commented  · 

any update on this?

• Koen PaesKoen Paes commented  · 

At the moment the content window on the left of the screen does not have the possibility of adding subsections to each section... adding this functionality would be a great improvement in my opinion...

• rumaberumabe commented  · 

dear all,
        i also would prefer easy possibility by changing order of content. unfortunately i made a mistake and erased webinar class 2. Even though i put all with numbers in order, the view of order does not change... what shall i do?

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree with the idea of grouping course contents!

• Koen PaesKoen Paes commented  · 

I am new to Eliademy, but already have quite some experience building on-line courses on ed-X and blackboard.
        The fact that content cannot be organized in sections/subsections in Eliademy was the first thing I noted (and regretted) ... adding this functionality would be a great improvement of this platform!

• Juan José RodríguezJuan José Rodríguez commented  · 

The chapter/section is an excellent feature that responds primarily an educational need for the virtual course because allow to have a good instructional design as to make the teaching-learning process.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Will the new look be available for courses already in progress or is this for new courses only? Thank you.

• Derek CDerek C commented  · 

PS. I like vertical navigation between modules at the left.
        Then horizontal navigation between aspects of a module at the top.
        Just a thought.

• Derek CDerek C commented  · 

For most courses, two levels of navigation will be needed.
        Course Modules and Module content and activities.

So I agree with this suggestion.

-Derek

• LJLJ commented  · 

Hello, When is this planned to take place?

• m.kapusniaczekm.kapusniaczek commented  · 

Yes it would be a good idea to be able to change the order of topics without having to rewrite everything.

Feedback and Knowledge Base