Ideas forum

Please let us know what should be improved here.

1. button "I like the lecture"|"I don't like the lecture"

students could estimate teacher's work

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Advanced Quizzes: Student shoudl see a custom message from the teacher on completing the quiz

It would be good to give students an automated custom message after the completion of each questionnaire

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. the same course for another group of students and another date to start

suppose I want to start the same course with new dates and new students - is it possible?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Yes it is. Next to “create new course” you can see now “Reuse previous course”. If you click it and select any of the courses you teach/taught, you will get a complete copy of a course with all content and tasks (but not enrolled user). You can send invitations to this course to a new group of students.

4. Linking Tasks and Topics (add quiz after a topic)

I would like to break down the "Tasks" (ie: Assignments") into separate sections. I have 7 modules in my course. It gets very confusing trying to find all the modules, etc. It would be nice if Tasks could have sections--module one can be under section one, module 2 can be under section 2 and all the assignments can be in that section and be less confusing. The student can click on the section they want to do a task under and then click on the assignments in that section. I hope this makes sense. I really could use this improvement.…

100 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Social (reward) badges

Hello,
    You have a great platform !
    My suggestion is really minor but always fun to have :
    Social badges as reward for students such as on Open2study platform. On Coursera or edX, there is a certification which is the "reward" so social badges add a little fun & challenge to the non certified course.
    Thanks

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. transaltion strings that isolate variables (prices) and constants (main definitions)

Translation of text with variables and constants requires frequent update and maintenance. For example the sentence with "€8.00/year " must be reviewed at every change of the price. Other strings suffer from the different translation of a constant (ex. access rights, user, participant, private course, etc.) in the ideomatic context of the string. Actual Eliademy translation strings could be optimized using" place holders" for this variables and constants. The "constants" must be translated first. Then the translator copy the other original string (including place holders), translates it (keeping place holders) and check the result. If the result do not satisfy…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Advanced Quizzes:

a. Tests need to be limited in time if the instructor choses to do so. Once the defined time elapsed (counter starts after the student presses the “start” button), the test needs to lock
    b. Passing Grade - needs to be defined by the instructor and presented to the student.
    c. Correct answer – in addition to pointing to correct answer, there could be also an option for the instructor to post an explanation, etc.
    d. Math formulas – could this be posted not in the LaTex format. It is quite difficult to use the script

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Date formats

More options for formatting dates. Students in USA are accustomed to month/day/year and having a day before a month is very confusing to them. For example 11/4 means November 4th not 11th of April to american students.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Glance view of who has submitted what

Currently progress page simply shows grade/no
    grade. It would be great to have something like this:

[ - ] No activity
    [ * ] Submitted but not graded
    [ Grade ] Graded

This would allow instructors to see at a glance on progress page what work we still need to evaluate.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Custom Certificates

Although it is nice to have a standard certificate with a customized logo, we have a need to send out an organization specific PDF. Can you add the option to upload a totally custom certificate?

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. View course tasks in "My Courses" -page

It would be great to have all the tasks on the front page, like they used be. Then you could see all the deadlines from all the courses on one glance.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for letting us know! Right now summary of all your deadlines is available in Calendar tab. We have simply moved this information from Dashboard to Calendar, during our latest redesign. You can read more about it in our blog post https://eliademy.com/blog/2014/08/22/new-calendar-to-help-you-with-busy-autumn/. Having said that, we will try to improve the way this information is shown, and perhaps add an option to see it on “My Courses” page as well.

12. Change order of tasks and quizzes

It would be great if you could change tests order. Now it's hard to make new adds over there.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Filipino languange

Translate Eliademy into Filipino language

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Create on-line real time lecture opportunity

Hi, Perhaps you have this --? Like Webex? or is there a way to connect all registered to a Webex like program so you can lecture in real time then the video be there for them to see if they do not make the set time?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Grades for discussions

Add grades for forum discussions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. A list of all students I am teaching so I can just add them to the appropriate class without sending emails to each of them.

I am teaching a year long class with 50 or so students that will be taking different topics taught by me and my instructors. A way to add all my students in a list so that I can click and add them to each course without having to send out 50 emails each week would be fantastic. Then I could also see a list of all of my students at any time on my profile.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Mass enrollments is of the core feature of Eliademy for Groups (we refer to it as Business now, but it will undergo changes soon). Eliademy for Groups is commercial product, but still free for any non-commercial educational purposes. If you would like to upgrade your account you can simply follow this guide http://support.eliademy.com/knowledgebase/articles/280389-e4b-how-to-change-your-individual-account-into-el and later contact us to confirm your non-commercial status.

17. Enable uploading/linking non-written feedback to the tasks (audio or video)

Now students can post their assignments as any file/link (thanks for your recent improvement!) but lecturer cannot respond with e.g. audio file (like mp3) when assessing it - it allows me just to write a comment into rather small window.

It would be great if a student has an opportunity to access all feedbacks/assessments, and communication with the lecturer in one private place.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Comment Feedback to Quiz Questions

A tool to add an instructor comment to each quiz question, which will appear on the feedback page when a student has marked the corresponding question. So the student receives more meaningful feedback than just "correct" or "incorrect".
    (This would complement the pop-up tips during the quiz which have already been suggested.)

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Live streaming class using Google Hangout integration

Would love to be able to host a Google Hangout that could be live streamed in class for students through Eliademy setting.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Advanced quizzes

Additional types: free form answer, numerical response, true/false, picture as an answer options.

71 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Ideas forum

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base